Reset Windows 10 Password

The PC in question was passed down to me from my father. Recently, the password has stopped working.I'm not sure why. The password simply stopped working. Any attempt to log in has failed. There is only one account, the Administrator account. Is there any way to reset the password or someway to make it back into the computer? Or is there someway to reinstall Windows or reset the PC? The PC is a Windows 10.
Hello,

If you're using Microsoft account to sign into your Windows 10, try resetting its password online using another device and then try to login with new password on original device.

Let us know if this helps!
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Helping Windows users, since 2010 · Please remember to mark replies as answers, if they helps!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi cecastillo2001

Your bet options are, Reset Windows or Re-install Windows and set up your own Administrator Account . . .

Please backup your data before proceeding . . .

Press the Shift Key and click Restart
Your PC will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC
Choose to keep nothing
Then start the Reset

You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've encountered a problem while trying to use the installation media. The USB does not boot immediately. I tried to change the boot order but the Boot options is also locked with a password. I've tried every password I could think of without success. Is there anything I can do?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Before you install Windows 10, it’s a good idea to save any work and back up your PC before you start. If you used the media creation tool to download an ISO file for Windows 10, you’ll need to burn it to a DVD before following these steps.

1. Attach the USB flash drive or insert the DVD on the PC where you want to install Windows 10.
  2. Restart your PC.

If your PC does not automatically boot to the USB or DVD media, you might have to open a boot menu or change the boot order in your PC's BIOS or UEFI settings. To open a boot menu or change the boot order, you'll typically need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC. For instructions on accessing the boot menu or changing the boot order for your PC, check the documentation that came with your PC or go to the manufacturer's website. If you do not see the USB or DVD media device listed within the boot options, you may need to reach out to the PC manufacturer for instructions for temporarily disabling Secure Boot in your BIOS settings.

If changing the boot menu or order doesn't work, and your PC immediately boots into the OS you want to replace, it is possible the PC had not fully shut down. To ensure the PC fully shuts down, select the power button on the sign-in screen or on the Start menu and select Shut down.

3. On the Install Windows page, select your language, time, and keyboard preferences, and then select Next.
  4. Select Install Windows.
I.T. Pro Since 2008

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 18, 2019 Views 72 Applies to: