Reset of AutoPilot device prompting for password of non-existent user

Hello

I have a laptop registered in auto pilot that was originally enrolled by a user whose login name has subsequently changed.

The auto pilot process keeps bringing the device to the login prompt for *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have the correct password for that account but as the username is incorrect and I can't change the username on this creen I can't get past the login prompt post the reset. I'm really stuck.

Troubleshooting so far:

Resetting the device again has not resolved the issue.

I have deleted the device out of AzureAD and that also has not cleared up my issue.

Appreciate any other suggestions

I have a laptop registered in auto pilot that was originally enrolled by a user whose login name has subsequently changed.

What is this "auto pilot" process?

I get the impression that your PC account has lost synchronisation with the account name stored on the Microsoft server. You might have to create a new PC account, which is somewhat difficult because you appear to lack a spare local admin account. Lots of people suffer from this  predicament. Most have a spare house key but do not apply the same logic to their Windows account.

The simplest method consist of asking your friendly PC dealer to create a local admin accunt for you. If he is competent then he can do it in less than ten minutes.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 3, 2020 Views 11 Applies to: