Replacing OEM Windows 10 with new purchased Windows 10

Hi

I have a new Dell with pre installed McAfee. The problem is that McAfee cannot be installed without causing significant problems with Outlook 365. I have tried 4 times now. We even had Microsoft support remote accessing our pc and they could not find a solution. McAfee corrupts the outgoing server in such a way that all emails sent are either corrupted or stay in the Outbox. Error messages vary from 0x800CCC0F, 0x800CCC0B and the dreaded and unsolvable 0x8004210B. This results in the symptom that my ISP is not accepting requests, its not. Its the corruption caused by McAfee.

Since nobody is prepared to find a solution to this problem my question is: Can I remove the Dell/McAfee Windows 10 that cam preinstalled, buy a non OEM Windows 10 from Microsoft and install it. So replacing the OEM version with a of the shelf version.

Regards

Antonius

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi AntoniusLecuona.
there is no need to buy a new license.
you can perform a clean install of windows without mcafee and the dell bloatware and continue to use the same OEM license.
you will need to reinstall office and other apps.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-downlo...

another useful guide -
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/clean-install-...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Brilliant, thank you so much.  I will try it. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Antonius

An off-the-shelf version of Windows will be no better or worse than the version of Windows you currently are running on your system . . .

If you do want to clean install Windows 10 to remove all the Dell bloatware . . .etc. you can do so free-of-charge . ..

Make sure your current version of Windows 10 is activated before proceeding and backup your data . ..

You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers 

Make sure you install the same Edition of Windows 10 (Home, Pro . . . etc.) you previously had installed to avoid Activation issues 

Click this link: 
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10 

If you have problems booting from a boot disc, you may have UEFI BIOS:
Insert the Bootable Installation Media, then go into your BIOS and make the following changes: 
1. Disable Secure Boot 
2. Enable Legacy Boot 
3. If Available enable CSM 
4. If Required enable USB Boot 
5. Move the device with the bootable disc to the top of the boot order 
6. Save BIOS changes, restart your System and it should boot from the Installation Media

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

your welcome,
be sure to install the same edition (home, pro etc.) to avoid activation issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is the problem. I have done it 4 times already, each time after a clean reinstall, and then removing McAfee i cannot send emails. its asif McAfee currupts something inside Windows email server or whatever and I  get the same error. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been using Windows Defender for many years without any problems

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you clean install then you won't have McAfee as your AV but Defender.

You need to boot from Windows 10 install media to clean install and select Custom install then delete all windows partitions. Is that what you did when you say you "clean reinstalled". As previously stated you don't need to buy another windows licence it won't be any different to the OEM install of Windows 10 if you clean install. All extra software supplied by Dell will be gone.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry I dont know all the terms. i basically pressed SHIFT and clicked on restart. They give you the option to restore to factory settings, which i did. I did also restore windows without losing my data, but that did not help at all.  My biggest problem is that my PC is hijacked by McAfee. They are forcing us to subscribe to their software and if i decide to uninstall, there is a problem. I have contacted them and their answer was "How can a piece of software that is uninstalled still have an effect on another part of windows". In effect they just brushed me off. It's crazy. 

In my experience, the less you have installed the better the system works. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sounds to me like they are just being awkward.

If you select the link I gave earlier you will see their list of the way to completely remove their McAfee product.

The first part involves just using uninstall from windows, select Apps and Features. (right click Start and select the top entry) Find McAfee in the list, select it and then uninstall. Restart using Start > Power > Restart.

Once restarted select the link again and go down the page to the MCPR section, download it and follow their instructions. Restart as before.

Try Office again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 5, 2019 Views 389 Applies to: