removing onedrive from default file/folder location .

So I want my documents, pictures, icloud photos, etc. everything that I download to be saved to my pc. Then if I want to add something to onedrive I will do it manually. As of now the default location is onedrive. It syncs to my pc too but the path by default has onedrive in it. For instance c:\Users\xxxxx\OneDrive\Documents The x's represent the first five characters of my email account. Why can't I just download something to my pc without it being in Onedrive by default? This is a new pc so I'm trying to get it set up the way I want before I start moving all my stuff to it. I have almost 1.5 terabytes of music, movies, pictures, documents, etc. My old laptop came with windows 7 & I upgraded to 10 & it's not setup like that (onedrive default location). it's just the way I would like this one to be PC c:\Users\xxxx\Documents. It has onedrive and I put what files I want in there and keep the rest on my pc. This is so frustrating I don't know if I'm not asking the question correctly or what but I've been trying to figure this thing out & haven't gotten anywhere. I'm not giving up though, so please if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.  

I hope I put this in the right category, if not let me know. Thanks & cheers

|
Answer
Answer
  1. Click the OneDrive icon in your System Tray.
  2. Click the 'More' ellipsis at the bottom, then select 'Settings'
  3. Click the 'Auto Save' tab, then the 'Update Folders' button
  4. Turn off protection for all folders

This should restore the folders to their default location under your Profile folder. If not, use the 'Retore Default' button found on the Location tab of each folder's Properties dialog.

Keith

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2021 Views 2,677 Applies to: