Removing duplicate photos from Microsoft Photos

I have been using microsoft photos for a cuple years to quickly and easily upload photos from my camera to my computer , once in microsoft photos i upload the photos to a file on my computers harddrive i created . I noticed the files still on microsoft photos and in my file i sent them to . i believe having 2 copies is taking up alot of space on my c drive but i am afraid to delete these pictures on microsoft photos for fear it will also delete the folder i stored them to . my question is if i delete the photos on my microsoft photos will it also delete my photos on my folder ??

***Modified title from: Microsoft photos ***

Answer
Answer

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Deleting photos from Microsoft Photos will delete the files from the original location. However, Microsoft Photos will only display the photos from the folders that are added to Photos application. You can remove the folders from Microsoft Photos that you don’t want. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Microsoft Photos app.

2. Click on the Ellipsis on the top right corner of the window and click on Settings.

3. Under Sources, remove the folder that has duplicate photos by clicking on X.

To remove the duplicate photos from the computer, please navigate to the location where the photos are saved and then you can delete the photos are duplicate.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 35,860 Applies to: