Removed McAfee and still getting message that it is there

Original Title: Windows 7 Program Compatability Assistant.

New Windows 7 required AOL 9.5 & McAfee.  AOL went ok.  Directed to incorrect McAfee version (Virusscan 2004 professional).  AOL orchestrated removal but omitted Security Center.  They aid remove it later.  Installed correct McAfee Premium Security.  It is working fine.

I get McAfee Virusscan 2004 professional message enen though this program gone.  I suspect old security center is problem.  I can "dismiss" incompatibility message but is annoying.

I rerad something about going into register, but I am not doing that.

Answer
Answer

Hi Studfinder100,

I suggest you to visit McAfee website and download McAfee Removal Tool and run it to remove the remnants of the previously installed McAfee virus scan program.

Step 1:

Remove any McAfee Virusscan 2004 professional folders from your computer manually and check if the issue gets fixed.

a. Click on start button and click on Computer, double-click on Drive C
b. Double-click on Program Files
c. Look for any McAfee product folders that remain. Right-click on them and choose Delete
d. Close Computer. restart your computer and check if the issue recurs.

Step 2:

If this does not resolve the issue, then you can download  macfee removal tool and uninstall.

Here is the link:
http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507

Important Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Now try to install the lastest McAfee program on your computer and check if the issue gets fixed.

Thanks and Regards:
I. Suuresh Kumar - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2023 Views 666 Applies to: