Remove a device from Microsoft account.

My Microsoft account shows 3 different listings for the same computer.  I would like to remove these extra device listings from my account.  The instructions to remove a device from a Microsoft account are dated sometime last fall, but they do not work.  When the instructions indicate to click on Show Detain, then click on More Actions.  When I click on Show Detail there is nothing termed, More Actions, to click on; it is not there.  Please give up-to-date instructions to remove a device from a Microsoft account.  Many thanks.   (It was hard to find an appropriate category to post this in.)  
Hi Joan,
I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

In https://account.microsoft.com/devices/
Click a device>Manage>Remove Laptop in the drop-down.

Hope that helps.
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

AS I stated in my original question, this solution does not work.  It asks one to click on Show Details, and then under the name of the device to select More Actions>Remove. 

When I click on Show Details, the subsequent step, "More Actions" does not appear.  Hence, the instruction "Remove" does not appear.  

These instructions from Microsoft are faulty.  They need to be updated.  

Someone please give me updated instructions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

>>The subsequent step, "More Actions" does not appear

You do not need to click More actions. Need to click Manage at the top.

Irrespective of that, don't you see a 3 dots options on the devices page from where you can delete that? See the GIF:
Sumit

Always include PC Specs, Make and Model of the device. Ensure all the latest quality updates have been installed. It may take multiple replies to reach a satisfactory answer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 20, 2020 Views 28 Applies to: