Registration key

I have purchased more than a dozen computers over the years, but never before has there been no apparent windows registration key, and the computer will not fully function without it. Other than a small fold out pamphlet, nothing came with the computer.

Dell computer, purchased at Costco. It's unclear who I need to contact to solve this problem, and your site is particularly unhelpful. Ordinary people offering ideas is a nonsensical waste of time. Ready to return computer than deal with this BS.

I understand you want to protect your product, but, aside from the continual (baffling) move toward making your system work more like mac (totally useless) this requirement to enter a registration key and then not provide one, is beyond frustrating.

If someone from Microsoft happens to see this and cares to explain themselves, get back to me.

Hi Alex

I am not from Microsoft, but if I may, I will try to help.

New Windows 10 PC's do not come with a product Key, the key is retained on a chip on your motherboard

When you purchase a PC, and put that on the Internet, Windows 10 will activate and a digital entitlement is stored on the Microsoft Activation servers. So should you ever need to re-install Windows 10, as long as you re-install the same edition (Home, Pro . . . etc.) then when that PC is put on the Internet, it should re-activate sutomatically

If you need to find your Product Key, click the link below to download a small utility which will find your Windows 10 Product Key

http://neosmart.net/OemKey/

If you are having some problem with Windows Activation, please explain what this problem is . . .

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, the registration key is linked to your account once you enter it on the activation form. If you have purchased your computer with a Windows 10 license, it has to be on your case or on the installation DVD.
If that's not the case and on your first start of Windows 10, it was unactived, then you have to contact your dealer and ask for your activation code.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,
large brand manufacturers do not put a sticker with a product key now, they write this key into BIOS. This does not affect how Windows work.
Please, describe your problem in details. And please show the result of slmgr /dlv command.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2023 Views 350 Applies to: