Redeeming a 9-digit store promo code

I am trying to redeem a 9-digit promo code that I was given that "can be used on anything in our Microsoft Online Store". I am having trouble finding where it should be redeemed at. Everything I see wants a 25-digit gift card code.

Does anyone know where I can go to redeem this code?

Thanks!

Original title: 9-digit store promo code

Hi Alexander,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to contact to the right resource.

For this issue, I would suggest you to go to the below link Microsoft store and click on Talk to an expert on right side of the screen. You can explain all your queries to the Microsoft store representative, they will be able to guide you redeem the promo code. 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msin/en_GB/home/?tduid=(ccd99b097da1da1f8ad204fd9ce3eb9a)(235158)(2264579)(3-5698-__-PCxvZ2JwbnFwY3h3dXJxcWU/wrA=)()

If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also have this problem. I contacted a MS store rep who sent me to an Xbox rep, who then sent me back to a MS store rep. This is ridiculous. None of them knew what to do with this nine digit code. There is no place that asks for it during the check out process. Is there someone else who can help?

10 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Well i finally figured it out a day or two ago. You have to purchase something.   I chose a Windkws Store card so i could use the promo code on apos and things. Then at checkout, it asked for a promo code. It took it there. Then, i could redeem my $30 gift card and spend it. 

I is kind of weird they dont know this!

37 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you!! That finally worked. The funny thing is that the fine print of the email Microsoft sent me said that the promo code couldn't be applied to the purchase of gift cards. What a mess. Thanks for being the only person who seemed to know how to fix this!

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I really thank you for sharing the information and enlightening us with this issue.

Microsoft strives to craft the best of the products and with every new release upgrades them with the new features upholding the security, comprehension and state-of-the-art technology. Your conclusions are viable and your feedback, like you said, will help us in exploring various newfangled probabilities.

In addition to that, if you get any other recurring issues with Windows, please feel free to post back. We'll be glad to assist you again.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This whole process is silly. I was sent an email with a $10 code from a previous purchase. The email sends me to a place that requires a 25 digit code to redeem it. The email has a 9 digit code. Then when I try to enter to code at checkout on Microsoft store, it says invalid. There is no place to enter this code on the XBOX store. Why is there 2 stores with 2 different checkout processes? Why send people from a rep at 1 store to a rep at another store? I buy XBOX products on Microsoft store and then get a gift code for the purchase of XBOX products, CAN'T USE CODE ON XBOX STORE. Great. Job. Email included below.

"Dear Microsoft Customer,

Thank you for purchasing a game from Microsoft online store.

Here is your $10 Xbox gift code:

How to redeem your $10 Xbox gift card:

1. Sign in to your Xbox Live account on Xbox.com (https://live.xbox.com/en-US/RedeemToken)
  2. Enter your code in the open field
  3. Click Redeem Code and make sure to use the redeemed $10 funds within 120 days of redemption

Thanks for shopping at the Microsoft online store."

EXPLAIN THIS!

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

***Microsoft has changed their system...the online store no longer supports the 9-digit promo codes (as of 6/27/2017).*** 

FYI...I placed an order and was unable to use a valid code.  Applying the code to an online purchase required multiple calls to MS support and considerable effort.  :(

Sorry this didn't help.

How did you manage to end up using the code?

I'm in the same boat now with a code that is still eligible and they're telling me that the code cannot be used in *any* way. :|

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to resolve this issue.

I had to contact Microsoft Rewards support(where I got my 9 digit code) and tell them that it's unusable and you want your points back. It took them a few days to a week to resolve everything completely but I was happy to have my Microsoft Rewards points back. Don't contact the Microsoft Store support, they can't help you because that's out of their control. Trust me, I've wasted many calls going there. But one ticket/call to Microsoft Rewards and you'll get taken care of.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I found out after a long time on how to redeem it. I got mine after buying an Xbox, so i went to the Microsoft partner chat and they helped me get the money back by putting it into my account.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 12, 2020 Views 9,951 Applies to: