'Recovery It looks like Windows didn't load correctly' on new laptop

So my new Dell Xps 13 laptop keeps suddenly crashing every few hours of use, where this blue screen appears a few moments after the crash.

I've attempted startup repair several times but no problems were identified. I've reset the laptop twice but the problem persists. 

I would really like to avoid having to purchase another copy of Windows 10, and I do not want to have to send the laptop back unless absolutely necessary. What should I do?

I would send it back, since it should not behave that way for a laptop.

You could perform a direct clean install to see if it helps.

Go to a working computer, download, create a bootable copy, then perform a clean install.

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

If there are files on the drive you want to recover, see - How to: Perform a Custom install of Windows 10
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Windows 10 Digital License
When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You would never need to buy another copy of WIndows 10 as the key is embedded in the BIOS chip and will reactivate whenever you install it any way you want to.

What I would do is the Clean Install which should get you past all difficulties as it has hundreds of thousands of others who have followed the steps in this link and never come back to report another problem: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Otherwise install Media Creation Tool and choose Upgrade Now to run a Repair Install over the present installation: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/m...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.
Windows MVP 2010-2020 (ret).
Millions helped via my tutorials and personally in forums for 14 years.
Please notify me in my articles' Comments if a tutorial link is outdated or ads intrude.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, thank you for the replies. I will try the clean install and see how that goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If it is a new laptop, I would contact Dell first as they are responsible for full functionality during the warranty period:
www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/inbsd1/products/laptop
You can see this general guide:
The following steps outline the steps to fix Windows failing to boot and you can boot to the advanced startup options.
http://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2017/05/fix-win...
Perform the steps one by one.
Mark Yes below the post if it helped or resolved your problem

Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not represent the views or opinions of Microsoft.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had this problem as well since day one.

It seems to be common with Dell laptops and I've tried many 'solutions' to this annoying problem.

None of these so-called solutions work. Very disappointing that Dell/Windows won't create a solution to this common problem. A clean re-install on a brand new laptop seems a little redundant.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My dell inspiron laptop which I have only had for a month is experiencing this issue I am able to boot it up and I am able to use it for awhile but then  the screen will go black and then I will get a windows did not load properly message. I contacted dell tech support who accessed my computer remotely they updated some of the drivers in order to fix the problem  It was fine for maybe two days but the problem then came right back.  I tried doing a system restore but the problem continues. 

The only other solution dell gives me is to reinstall windows 10 there has to  be

another way to fix this problem.

i received this laptop as birthday gift so I am at a loss for what to do here. Should I try some of the things suggested here please help.

This has already dragged on too long.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 10,469 Applies to: