Receiving mail but can't send (Earthlink)

Split from this thread.

Judy, is yours fixed now?

Exactly same problem for me too today. Receiving OK but can't send from my ISP address via Windows Live Mail, though can send OK from ISP's email platform. Came here to support site to look for some help with this, but it seems other folks having the same problem with windows live mail with no solutions offered.

I just get this error message every time ............

X Send 1 message(s) using [email address] - Status Failed

That's the entire message.

Split from this thread.

Are you sure the problem is connected with your gmail account?

I ask this because I've had the same problem today of not being able to send mail from my ISP email address from Windows Live Mail, though it is receiving OK. Every time I try to send email from WLM I get asked to confirm my password, when I do this, it makes no difference, then it cuts off my connection (though still connected to the internet for everything else I want to access).

I access my Microsoft and Gmail addresses in the new Windows 10 Mail App now, and that seems OK. But just the WLM platform having problems with now - can anyone else advise please?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Cas,

To assist you with your concern, we would like to confirm if your email account is with Earthlink. If so, we suggest that you check the incoming and outgoing mail servers that they used, then check the server settings on your email account configured in Windows Live Mail.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 12, 2024 Views 1,225 Applies to: