Received error code 0x80280013 when I try to login with my pin

When I try to login with my pin, I receive error code 0x80280013 something went wrong and your pin isn't available. When I tried to change my pin it says we weren't able to setup your PIN. You can try again, or skip this step and set up a PIN later. When I click skip for now, it sends my back to the lock screen. I'm not given any other option to sign in other than using my PIN, No option to use my password. Can't login to my Laptop at all.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows Hello PIN on your PC. I will certainly try my best to assist you with the issue.

I would suggest you to try booting the PC in Safe Mode and see if you’re able to login normally.

If you’re able to login normally then try to delete the NGC folder for Windows Hello PIN. You can follow the below steps to delete NGC folder and see if you are able to setup the PIN again.

1. Press Windows + E to open File Explorer.

2. On the left hand pane click on This PC.

3. Now navigate to the location C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft.

4. Right click on the NGC folder and click on Delete.

5. Click on Yes.

In case you are receiving permission error then try running the command and see if you are able to delete it.

1. Press Windows + S key together to open Search.

2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.

3. Accept the UAC prompts.

4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit Enter:
    icacls C:WindowsServiceProfilesLocalServiceAppDataLocalMicrosoftNgc /T /Q /C /RESET

5. Close the CMD window

6. Try to delete the NGC folder.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

72 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2024 Views 81,403 Applies to: