Realtek HD Audio Manager in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

I built a new desktop computer and ever since installing Windows 10 Home (64 bit) as my operating system, The Realtek HD Audio Manager keeps popping up a notice that a device/speakers were "plugged in" or "unplugged".  However nothing was "plugged in" or "unplugged" from my computer!! 

My Questions are:

1) What could be causing this to happen?

2) Could it be "detecting" my nephew's game system, my nephew's 2 kids' mobile devices and cellphones, my nephew's cellphone, his wife's cellphone and/or their computer.

3) Or could I have done something when setting up my computer and before installing Windows 10 or after installing Windows 10?

Hi Groff,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• What is the exact error message that you are getting?
  • Are there any devices connected to your computer?

Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting, and then hit Enter.
  2. Choose Hardware and Sound.
  3. Click and run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

We also recommend that you check all the cables connected to your computer if it is properly plugged in.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

The exact message I am receiving is: "You just plugged a device into the audio jack." and then I receive: "You just unplugged a device from the audio jack."

The only devices connected to my computer are:
1) Speakers
2) wired Keyboard
3) Wireless mouse (uses an USB port)
4) Printer
5) phone line for Internet connection to the external modem.

My nephew has another modem that is plugged into the cable company's modem so that he can play his video games online and also so that he can have internet for his computer.  

The only other thing that I can think of is that I did not completely get the front Audio Connector seated into the mother board properly. But I made sure that everything was connected properly before closing the case. Unless while I was doing cable management something may have come loose a little bit.  Looks like I may have to recheck the Audio Connector on the Mother Board.  

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That seems to happen quite often.  You can turn the notification off in the audio manager and check Settings - System - Notifications and actions.

I do not know what it is seeing but mine did the same thing.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I checked my motherboard and nothing was loose. I saw that the rear fan cable was touching the rear audio port housing and thought that might be causing the issue so I grabbed a cable tie and gently adjusted the rear fan cable so it was not touching the rear audio port housing. But after a while I got the exact same message as before and I am still getting it!!  

The only other thing I think of to do to figure out why it is doing that is to contact Realtek and see what they say.

There is one other thing that could be a possible cause, but it is such a "strange" phenomenon, But I have heard/read about it causing similar problems. That is when a household appliance such as a Furnace, Refrigerator, Freezer, etc. is on the same circuit or is near the computer, when that appliance draws enough power to start a motor as an example there is EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference) which can cause this type of issue especially if there are power cables crossing over or under other cables and both cables are touching.     The cabling situation under my desk, it looks like a tornado went through!! LOL  Cables going every which way, crossing over and under each other!!   It looks like I am going to have to do some cable management under my desk!! UGH!!! LOL Not much room under the desk to get under there and work!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also tried contacting the motherboard manufacturer: Gigabyte, but have been unsuccessful in contacting them!! Every time I try to contact them I get the following message: "The system is busy please try again later."  WTH!! Either they are getting Slammed with so many people trying to contact them with problems or they just have **** Poor Technical Customer Service!!

The only other options I have left is to remove the Front Audio connector from the mother Board and see if that helps. Which was suggested by someone else who I mentioned this problem to. Or it could be a "bug" in the Realtek HD Audio Manager drivers and I have to wait until there is an update or I either have a faulty front audio connector/jack or it is detecting my nephew's gaming system, my nephew's cellphone, my nephew's wife cellphone, and/or my nephew's children cellphones/mobile devices.  If that is the case, then I must have done something wrong when setting up my computer to look for the proper Drive to load the operating system to. Because I had a problem finding my hard drive. Here I needed to format it to be able to find it. I was looking for it to be able to find it. Does that make sense? LOL So I had to download Windows 10 to my SSD first Then I was able to format the hard drive.  I think somewhere in the process I may have selected "search network for all computers" or "Search Local Network"  while trying to find the Hard drive.  Do not know if that would affect the audio manager or not.   Because there are times for about an hour or two I do not get the message and then I will get it almost constantly for about 2 to 3 minutes. Then it will go for about 10 to 15 minutes no messages and then it will pop up again for a few times and then stop for a while.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem, also a Gigabyte motherboard.

Though I didn't have this problem with Windows 7 pro, or Windows 10 after I installed it at the beginning.

I think that maybe the cause of it is windows updates, or some software/drivers that conflicts with audio drivers.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think you may be right. Because when I first started the computer up and installed the operating system I did not get the message. But then when Microsoft installed Updates immediately, that is when I got the message. 

So what I did was just uninstall the Front Audio connector from the motherboard. So I do not have front microphone jack or Headphone jack ports.

It seems like this is a very common problem, So you would think either: Microsoft, Realtek, Corsair (The Case maker) or any combination of the three or all of them would come up with a solution to fix this? But that would be the simple and easy thing to do!! LOL

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 27, 2023 Views 15,098 Applies to: