Re-enabling audiojack popup

I disabled the popup that asks you what you just plugged in to your headphone jack a long time ago, because at the time I was using regular headphones and the window popping up whenever it got jostled was a problem. But I'm not anymore, and I want to connect something as a line-in device, but can't. Partially because the line-in device, under the sound options, shows as being assigned to a rear jack that isn't there (I'm on a laptop). I have Conexant ISST Audio and something called Bang and Olafson audio control panel which seems to be all enhancements. So this is a two-part question How do I re-enable that popup and is it possible to reassign the line-in option to another jack (well, my only jack)?

I thought that maybe, like the Realtek cards, there might be a control panel for it under hardware and sound but there isn't, so went and reinstalled my audio driver just in case, and picked over all the sound settings I could find, not sure where to go from here.

Hi Elenhiia,

The auto popup dialog notification that you've disabled before is associated with the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Though you are already using the Bang and Olafson audio control panel, I suggest that you look into the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound and check if the Realtek HD Audio Manager is still installed so you can modify its settings. Follow these steps:

1. Before you begin, disconnect or unplug your audio device from the audio jack.
  2. In the Cortana search bar, type in Control Panel, and click it from the search results.
  3. Click Harware and Sound.
  4. If Realtek HD Audio Manager is available, click it to open.
  5. On the right panel, check if you can see a folder icon or an "i" icon.
  6. Tick the box for Enable auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in option.
  7. Click OK, then OK.
  8. Restart your computer, plug back in your audio device once the computer is up, then check if the auto diaglog box appears.

You may also navigate to Settings > System > Notifications and Actions. Under Notifications, toggle on Get notifications from apps and other senders.

Please let me know how it goes so I can further assist you if needed.

Regards.

68 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 69,590 Applies to: