RDP sessions on mostly windows 11 computers stop responding

4 or 5 weeks ago we started having problems with windows 11 RDP sessions freezing. We are connecting to a Windows terminal Server 2019. The terminal server is running fine, but the built-in RDP app on our users computers just suddenly stops responding to mouse clicks etc. We can force quit the RDP, but it will sometimes happen again every few minutes. The Microsoft store RDP app works more consistently, but it will only use one screen (most users have two or three) and doesn’t redirect printers. Seems to be mostly Windows 11 computers with the problem, though I now have one Windows 10 user with the same issue but less frequently. I have a feeling that a recent MS Update may be the reason? Anyone else having this issue? It is causing a lot of headache in our office.

Hello Tony, sorry about your problems. My name is Marco and I will do my best to help you.

It seems that the freezing issue with Windows 11 RDP sessions is a known problem that has been acknowledged by Microsoft.

The issue is related to the Windows 11 2022 Update, also known as Windows 11 22H2, which causes the Remote Desktop application to stop responding when connecting via a Remote Desktop gateway or Remote Desktop Connection Broker.

Check your Windows updates and also check optional updates.

In the meantime, users can also try some workarounds such as using the Task Manager to end the RDP process, checking for firewall and connectivity issues, and ensuring that DNS settings are correctly configured.

It's important to keep an eye on official Microsoft announcements and updates to stay informed about the progress of the fix for this issue.

You can try this solution: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/quest...

Or, I can also suggest you to use software like Anydesk or teamviewer in the meantime.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 4,584 Applies to: