Racist advertising in Microsoft Office Solitaire program

This is not a functionality problem, it is a content problem. I was playing the Solitaire program from Windows 10 on my work computer, and an advertisement popped up in the middle of the game that horrified me. It was a blatantly racist ad saying that black people want to kill Jesus - literally, the words on the screen were "They want to kill Jesus" and portraying the Black Lives Matter movement as evil and unchristian. It was reminiscent of Nazi Germany's propaganda during WWII. I am horrified that Microsoft is a party to this advertising. I have written an email to Chris Capossela and the NAACP, my IT team hooked me up with this site to see if I can reach someone who can do something about this. Thanks!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Unfortunately we can't help. This is a community forum. There's no one here who represents Microsoft or is in a position to contact Microsoft.

NAACP should be able to bring this to Microsoft's attention.

As a general FYI, Microsoft (and other organizations) don't pick the advertisements that appear on their products. These advertisements are purchased through an ad broker, who is ultimately responsible for the ads that appear.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Actually I think I saw that ad too, but I interpreted it differently; I thought the ad was actually trying to reach out to black people by saying Jesus was persecuted too, so he "gets it". Was it the ad with the tagline "Jesus gets all of us"? Take a fresh look.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 29, 2023 Views 86 Applies to: