Quickbooks 2009 and 2010 won't email in 64 bit Windows 7?! I can't be the only one...

>:(

Is Intuit located in outer space?
Beginning with the 64 bit version of Vista, and continuing on with Win 7 64 bit. If you try to email an Invoice using Outlook 2007 or any email program, it throws an error message at you.

Intuit will NOT give an easy answer. And if you google the problem, you will come up with a variety of fixes.

We fixed it the first time in Vista 64, but it was a process. And now a YEAR later, Win 7 64 and Quickbooks Pro has the same issue. And we are just tired of trying to figure it out. It has something to do with converting to PDF etc. etc. but WHO CARES?! Why can't Intuit tow the line and make it work? This is nuts!

I just want it to work, so does anyone have a good answer on this one? Don't try to google it for me please, been there done that.  But if someone who is reading this has direct experience on this  please post the fix. I'm really not looking for a variety of things to try. I'm looking for the answer.   thanks... jf

Jimmy Fallon Computer Assistance www.mainstreetchatham.com
Answer
Answer
Here is the fix that actually worked for me. The above stuff did not.

I had heard that there was possible problems with the download being corrupt. And also there was an available patch to update the software.
After applying the patch which did not work, we decided to UNINSTALL, reboot, and then redownload the entire program which had the patch installed into it.

That worked.

Thanks for all replies.

jf

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi jimmyfal,

Occasionally a file or files that support QuickBooks successful operation becomes damaged, or might have been damaged during the initial installation.
When this happens, QuickBooks operation becomes unstable, requiring a repair to the QuickBooks program.

Run the Windows Repair utility. If you installed QuickBooks from a CD, make sure you have the installation CD available in case the repair utility prompts you to insert it. If you installed QuickBooks from a download, any files the repair utility needs are already on your hard drive.

Repair the QuickBooks installation

Important: You must be logged in as a Windows Administrator to perform these steps.

Follow the instructions:

1. Close QuickBooks.
2. Click the Windows Logo button and click Control Panel.
3. From Control Panel Home, click ‘Programs and Features’
4. Right-click your QuickBooks program version and click Uninstall/Change.
5. Follow the instructions to Repair your QuickBooks installation and then open QuickBooks.

I’d suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps mentioned in the Intuit knowledgebase article:

Unable to reconcile accounts or to create, print, or email PDF files
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/pages/knowledgebasearticle/1007856

If the above steps do not help in resolving the issue, I’d suggest you to contact Intuit QuickBooks Support:

Intuit QuickBooks Support
http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/Support/Default.aspx?lid=SupportHome%20%28SUB%20HDR%29

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Gokul - Microsoft Support

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 7, 2019 Views 6,514 Applies to: