Quick Tip: Find and launch programs quickly using All Apps in Windows 10

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
With the return of the Start menu in Windows 10 so are favorites such as All Apps (formerly All Programs). In Windows 10, launching a program is a common actions users perform. In this article, we take a quick look at how you can do so using the new and improved All Apps list in Windows 10.
Details

If you are accustomed launching programs by scrolling through your All Programs list, you can do so in Windows 10 normally. If you have a lot of programs though, it can become tedious.

All apps list

There is an even quicker way to find the program you are looking for. If you have used the Windows Phone operating system, you are aware of the swipe to left action that presents an alphabetical listing of your apps. See below:

Say I want to launch Photos on my Windows Phone, all I have to do is swipe to the left, click on any of the alphabet headers and I am presented with a Alphabetical view of my installed apps, click on the letter P and I am presented with all apps that start with P.

In Windows 10, you can do the same.

Just click any of the alphabet headers and you will be presented with a alphabetical listing of your install applications:

Click the letter of the alphabet or if its numerical, you can choose that too and all programs beginning with that letter or numbers or unique symbolds will be displayed:

There you have it, just click the app.

Was this article helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this article?

Thanks for your feedback.

I think I got an answer but i will grovel and ask how do you get to where you can click on the am/

11 people found this comment helpful

·

Was this comment helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this comment?

I do not have the start up button on bottom please help me get it back

6 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I HAVE NO WINDOWS BUTTON THAT WORKS WHEN L CLICK ON IT DOES NOT OPEN AND WHEN I TRY TO OPEN MY EMAIL ACCOUNT IS WILL NOT OPEN EITHER THE WINDOS BUTTON WAS BLUE NOT IS BLACK AND DOES NOT WORK

2 people found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have lost my start up button and have none of my apps that are visable. How do I get them back. I can't even put the computer to sleep or shut off.

1 person found this comment helpful

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Technical Level : Basic

Summary
With the return of the Start menu in Windows 10 so are favorites such as All Apps (formerly All Programs). In Windows 10, launching a program is a common actions users perform. In this article, we take a quick look at how you can do so using the new and improved All Apps list in Windows 10.
Details

If you are accustomed launching programs by scrolling through your All Programs list, you can do so in Windows 10 normally. If you have a lot of programs though, it can become tedious.

All apps list

There is an even quicker way to find the program you are looking for. If you have used the Windows Phone operating system, you are aware of the swipe to left action that presents an alphabetical listing of your apps. See below:

Say I want to launch Photos on my Windows Phone, all I have to do is swipe to the left, click on any of the alphabet headers and I am presented with a Alphabetical view of my installed apps, click on the letter P and I am presented with all apps that start with P.

In Windows 10, you can do the same.

Just click any of the alphabet headers and you will be presented with a alphabetical listing of your install applications:

Click the letter of the alphabet or if its numerical, you can choose that too and all programs beginning with that letter or numbers or unique symbolds will be displayed:

There you have it, just click the app.

kherabadi thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Forum Article Info

Last updated March 23, 2024 Views 4,977 Applies to: