Quick Assist

Hi,

Everytime I try to run Quick Assist, it keeps showing its loading but does not open. I have tried all the ways suggested on the Community page but nothing works. It was working couple of hours ago but is not opening now.

Hi rohanbhatia1,

Thank you for bringing this concern to us,

I understand that there where some concerns in opening Quick assist. We apologize for the inconvenience.

please let us work together to find a solution for this concern.

Please let us do these troubleshooting steps first provided on this link.

Windows 10 Quick Access Not Working, Not Responding, Slow to Open

Please see this link bellow, useful information can be seen here to resolve this concern.
https://www.easeus.com/data-recovery/windows-10...

Please let me know on how I can further assist you rohanbhatia1 .

Continue to have a safe and good day,

Best regards,

Anthony De Jesus
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Just a few reminder before accessing the site: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Continue to be safe rohanbhatia1,

Best regards,
Anthony De Jesus
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This link is not correct.  Its giving information on "Quick Access" not "Quick Assist".  These are two different features totally.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also am having issues with the Windows 10 Quick Assist disconnecting.

I have been using this for about a week with mixed results.  when it works, it's great, but about half the time it connects, I see a screen for a few seconds and then the connection terminates.

I have found very little on the topic other than similar issues appear to go back at 4 years.

Quick Assist app Fails ...

Quick Assist not working for me

I have just made some of the changes suggested, but it's not clear exactly at which end these changes are needed.

Incidentally, there is a fix for the UAC prompt

I am using "Allow UIAccess applications to prompt for elevation without using the secure desktop" which seems to work OK (when it connects)

FWIW, I am supporting about 12 users and MS teams, Zoom and TeamViewer all fail to allow control of system elements like DevMgmt so for Tech support are junk (all work fine on Win 7). Users are generally connected on the corp LAN with a VPN, but I have not really done any validation if on or off the LAN may be relevant.  All users are Win 10 PRO V 1909.  I have tried and successfully connected to a Win 10 Home (v1909) client to control same.  This was not on the corp LAN.  Did not test reverse.

I deleted all the files using the paths in the 3rd post which seems to remove more than the clear button in File manage.  The internet options fix was already off, so no joy there.  Fix 1 relies on the user which is a few hrs away.

This is an essential tool for any one doing windows 10 technical support and is more critical to have working now than ever.  MICROSOFT PLEASE HELP  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI, MS Windows Remote Assistance is also another viable tool which will work and an support UAC control, however it does not support multiple monitors very well and is a bit more cumbersome to make connections than Quick Assist

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So I have just tried again with my colleague and we have had very little joy.  I applied the fix removing files from Recent on both PCs and at first I though this worked.  The connection lasted  like 5-8 seconds and then the message :

Screen sharing has ended

Either you or the person you are helping has ended screen sharing. 

You can either reconnect or close Quick Assist now.

While I do not believe these are necessary for using this tool, I did enable RDP and Remote Assistance.  Remote assistance failed in a similar method.  I now recall I had this also fail with another user that I have issues with.  Both of the computers had the IE Advanced setting already set to off, so no relevance.  Basically I think I have tried all the fixes that I am aware of.

What appears to be missing related to all this is any discussions of ports, firewalls, permissions, etc (FWIW we are using ESET Anti-Virus, not Security Essentials with Windows defender)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you try with Windows firewall set to off on both PC's?

Did you ever implement a fix for windows ten to remotely connect to a Windows 12R2 server or lower - it cause the security encryption level to be lower than what quick assist or remote assistance may require.

I mention windows firewall because I just recently had to add remote desktop connection to it when my RDP connections were failing to connect.

I shut down windows firewall and was able to connect with no issues. When I reviewed the windows firewall rule sets, remote desktop connection was not present; on a new installation of windows 10 2004, and I was not prompted to "allow" the connection when initiating the remote connections.

Other than the above, no clue, I never had a use for Quick assist or remote assistance, preferring other 3rd party tools to do the job for me.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your reply

I have not tried disabling the firewall on both PCs, but will.

I used "Remote Assistance" way back in the XP days, but stopped when better solutions became available.  Unfortunately I am finding that the "better solutions" are now broken in the Win 10 world.  I had been using TeamViewer and now tried MS Teams, Zoom and one of the others, but all seemed to have issues with Device Manager and other system level tools.  I have found both Remote Assistance and Quick Assist can address the UAC and other "Security Application" tools that I need to touch to do technical work.

I am unable to find any details on the related technical under pinning, specifically which fire wall rules are relevant for these products.

Quick Assist is brand new and a Win 10 to Win 10 only tool.  Not tried in from or to a 2016 server.  It is not supposed to need RDP from what I read, but I have enable the Remote Assistance flag.  I seem to be able to set the RDP setting in either position for remote assistance with no impact.  Remote Assistance works fine for a single monitor client, but it can not handle multiple monitors well (Scaling and display).  Quick assist handle multiple monitors well and has a few other nice features like a highlight marker.  The only minor drawback is Win 10 to Win 10 only.  It's also easier to connect to a user than remote assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 30, 2020 Views 181 Applies to: