PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Blue Screen STOP: 06B after System Mechanic defrag and restart.

original title: PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED BSOD STOP: 06B after System Mechanic defrag and restart.

I had upgraded my destkop Dell Inspiron 530 from XP to Win7 successfully and had all of the programs working, even a couple from Windows 3.1 and just wanted to run System Mechanic utilities one more time to check for errors and then actually start just using the PC and stop tweaking.  SM indicated there were two drives that were 9% or more fragmented so I let it run the defrag for these and then restarted my PC.  I had recently replaced a hard drive and added a second hard drive but had rebooted and verified these installations were working at least a couple of times prior to this restart.  I also had changed the location of my swap file (pagefile.sys) to my second drive which was drive I on my system but had also restarted successfully after this.

Anyway, when I restared after the defrag I got the BSOD Stop Error PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED 0x0000006B and my system would not restart and has not restarted since.  I have been through the System Recovery Startup Repair process several time and get the message that "Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically."  When I look at the Problem Signature I see:

ProblemEventName:  StartupRepairOffline
ProblemSignature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
ProblemSignature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
ProblemSignature 03: unknown
ProblemSignature 04: 21201073
ProblemSignature 05: AutoFailover
ProblemSignature 06: 2
ProblemSignature 07: 0x6b
OSVersion: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
LocaleID: 1033

On other attempts for ProblemSignature 06 I have seen values of 8 and 11 as well.

I have tried bootrec /fixmbr, /fixboot, and rebuilt the BCD multiple times.

I have reseated the video card in the PC as I thought I might have moved that while installing the hard drives, although I had no problems after installing the hard drives but the documentation I found on this error said it might be related to recent hardware installed. 

I also looked at the DISKPART information and my secondary hard drive is showing as Drive D there, not Drive I as it does when the computer is working in Windows 7.  I don't know if that could be an issue since Drive I is where I told the system to put the swap file (sorry for old terminology).  Also none of the partitions show as Boot under the Info column and Partition 2 should be the boot partition.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

What can I do to get my computer back?  I can remove the hard drive and look at it and repair on my laptop if there is something I can do there.

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2019 Views 160,331 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Oldputter,

I just fixed a newly imaged Windows 7 with this fix from Microsoft.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/981833/

"STOP: 0x0000006B" Stop error message during startup on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
You have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. However, the computer crashes during the startup process before you are prompted for user credentials.

Additionally, you receive a Stop error message that resembles the following: STOP: 0x0000006B (Parameter1, Parameter2, Parameter3, Parameter4) PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Note The four parameters in the Stop error message may vary, depending on the configuration of the computer.

This issue occurs because the Bootcat.cache file is corrupted or because the size of the Bootcat.cache file is changed since the last successful start.
Note The Bootcat.cache file is located at %SystemRoot%\system32\codeintegrity
(The %SystemRoot% folder is where Windows is installed. This is usually C:\Windows .)

Workaround for Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2
To work around this issue, start the computer from the disc drive or from the USB drive by using the Windows installation media. Delete the Bootcat.cache file, and then restart the computer.
-------------------
I hope this Helps, Ken

134 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.