Problems with Windows 10 S and virus attack

Hello:

I was told that Windows 10 S does not require virus scanner. However, I am having the following two nasty message that says the following: Please help, what do I do? Again, repeating, I have Windows 10 S (the God) and not Windows 10. Is my only option to get out of S Mode and install some antivirus software?

Thanks

Hi, what you are seeing are Microsoft Edge browser based push notifications, that you will have inadvertently allowed.

To remove specific Edge push notifications:

Enter edge://settings/content/notifications into the URL bar.

For any entries you don't recognize in the Allow section, click the ellipsis (3 dots) to the right of each entry and either Block or Remove it.

In your case it will be for brousless.com

You can also toggle Ask before sending to off if you wish to block all notifications.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh, thank you. So, this was not really a virus. By the way, is it really true that I don't need a virus scanner if I have Windows 10 S?

Does this mean I cannot upgrade to Windows 11 because it is not Windows 11S?

Thanks

Hi, what you are seeing are Microsoft Edge push notifications, that you will have inadvertently allowed.

To remove specific Edge push notifications:

Enter edge://settings/content/notifications into the URL bar.

For any entries you don't recognize in the Allow section, click the ellipsis (3 dots) to the right of each entry and either Block or Remove it.

In your case it will be for brousless.com

You can also toggle Ask before sending to off if you wish to block all notifications.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This definitely wasn't a virus, just a push notification. This is what a typical push notification prompt looks like:

S mode is highly restrictive with what is allowed to run on it, so no protection other than Windows Defender is needed. If your computer meets Windows 11 specifications, then you should be able to upgrade your Windows 10 S to 11 S.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2024 Views 790 Applies to: