Q: problem updating windows with the code 80072EE6 error This thread is locked from future replies

I have some problem updating windows with the code 80072EE6 error,tried using fixit but still not able to update windows
In addition I cant change my windows update setting as it say I am not system admin,when I am the only user

Thank you for your post and giving us an opportunity to assist you. I see that you get error 80072EE6 on updating Windows.

Are you logged into the administrator account?

Check to see which updates have failed.

You can follow these methods to check if the issue gets resolved.

Method 1: Reset Update Components.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 .
How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.
Method 2:
Step 1: Temporarily Disable the Anti Virus software.
Disable the anti virus software and try updating Windows.
Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.
Step 2: Try installing the update in clean boot.
Follow the steps on this article to get into clean boot and try updating.

Note: Once troubleshooting is done please follow "Step 3 :Reset the computer to
start as usual" on the article to boot the computer in normal mode.

Method 3: Run the System Update Readiness Tool .

You can post the logs here.

You can try the resolution on this article to check if the issue gets resolved.

Feel free to use the forum for any other Windows questions you may have.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 10,757 Last updated: February 15, 2018 Applies to: