Problem installing windows 11.

Hi, I just bought a new laptop, a Lenovo Ideapad Gaming 3 but I have a problem installing Windows 11 on it. When I try to install the Windows, after I select a language and press "Install now" I get an error saying "A media driver your computer needs is missing".

I tried different methods, made the USB drive with Rufus, with Media Creation Tool, with WinSetupFromUSB, tried installling windows 10 but it had the same problem.

The laptop model is 15ACH6 and I also tried to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver but it doesn't show up.

Can someone please help me?

Hi, Sebastian,
Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue.

You need to load the Intel IRST Drivers when you reach this part and your hard drive will be recognized.

Step 1: Download the latest version of the IRST Drivers
1-Download both options from this link.
https://www.intel.com.br/content/www/br/pt/down...
2-Extract the zip files and save them in the flash drive

Step 2: Load the IRST Drivers
1-Boot from the flash drive
2-When you reach the "A media driver your computer needs is missing", select Browse, then find the folder where the IRST Drivers were saved and select OK
3-Then select Intel RST VMD Controller, then select Next to install the driver and you should be able to see your hard drive and continue with the Windows installation

You can see this procedure in this video.
https://youtu.be/LbY5k6Yo5JI?t=240

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2024 Views 155 Applies to: