Problem after resetting PC won't log in HELP. windows 10 pro.

Hi, I have recently run a full reset on my PC but it has left my user account on there, I tried resetting again and the same thing happened. When I tried to log in it says "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded.

It lets me sign in when I boot into safe mode but loads in to a black screen with only my cursor showing.

If I try the start up repair it says " Startup Repair couldn't repair your PC" and

"Log file: C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt".

I have tried some of the fixes I have seen in the command prompt but some just display "access denied" after I have run them. (this is accessing the command prompt through the Troubleshoot page.

I have also tried running the full reset again but am running into all of the same problems.

|
Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.

A Windows reset can result in a corrupt operating system, if that continually happens, then the recovery image is corrupt.

If you have a safe backup of your files or want to remove everything form the PC, then the best option is to create a bootable Windows USB on another working PC and use that to clean install Windows, that will also create a new recovery image.

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

During the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC'.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 22, 2024 Views 13 Applies to: