Print to PDF not working in Windows 10.

A few days ago, I updated to v1809. I have since installed updates as well.

The issue is that any attempt to use the Microsoft Office 365 feature of "Microsoft Print to PDF" from Edge, or to save an image from the Snippet Tool causes the following error:

This is applies to only new attempts to create the file (when Print to PDF used), and the message is slightly different for attempts to save from Snipping tool (e.g. \Pictures\ and not \Documents\.) Both have the identical message "File not found."

This is occurs regardless of in-use profile (Admin, my MS Account (Users group), my local Standard Profile (Users group), etc.) Does not appear to be related to profile settings or type.

I have followed a number of recommended approaches to fix the issue (reset Edge, set to default for printer, etc.) w/o success.

Search on the net proved fruitless.

My Office 365 subscription reports "Up to date" for all updates.

Any guidance or help is greatly appreciated!

Jim

Answer
Answer

Hi Jim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

I suggest you to refer to suggestions from Kristine Arp replied on January 13, 2018 and check: Microsoft Print to PDF is not working.

Additionally follow the below steps.

Method 1: Check the User folder.

Edge sometimes saves the PDF documents to the default directory automatically. If you don’t see the save dialog while using Microsoft Edge, make sure to check C:Users%username% folder for saved PDF files.

There are instances Edge stores saved PDF file in UserDocuments folder automatically, so make sure that you check it as well.

Method 2: Update the printer driver

If replacing the printer driver didn’t solve the problem, you might as well try to update the current one. In case you don’t know how to do that, just follow these instructions:

1. Go to Search, type devicemngr, and open Device Manager.

2. Expan Print queues.

3. Right-click Microhsoft Print to PDF, and go to Update driver.

4. Follow further on-screen instructions.

5. Restart your computer.

Please refer to Print to PDF tutorial.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Suman.B
Microsoft Community - Moderator

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2020 Views 8,273 Applies to: