Print on Both Sides Instructions Pop Up

Hello!

I work in helpdesk, and recently have been dealing with a ticket concerning the 'Print on Both Sides Instructions Pop Up'. This pop up occurs when trying to print in Excel, Outlook and Word. I have gone into 'printer server properties' and disabled the 'show informational notifications for local printers' option, as well as the 'show informational notifications for networks printers' option as well. It is my understanding though that this is for the tray notifications. 

That being the case, is there anyway to disable the "Print on Both Sides Instructions" pop up? I see it's directly mentioned in this article: 

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Print-on-both-sides-of-the-paper-duplex-printing-in-Word-2cd60d2f-3a57-4210-96ac-9a6ca71ca7a3

but, it's only mentioned as like 'hey this is gonna show up'

I would like to add that the user who is experiencing this, has enabled 2-sided printing for her default setting on purpose and would like to keep it that way

Thank you!

Hi Elizabeth,

As per the issue description you are getting 'Print on Both Sides Instructions' Pop Up. This could be if there is some third party application/services/startup items is triggering it. So, I would suggest you to boot the computer in clean boot state and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 4, 2024 Views 1,325 Applies to: