Preparing to configure Windows every time I turn on my pc

This has started happening after i recently reinstalled windows due to some problems i was having. Now every time i boot my pc this screen comes up and it takes an hour finish. I have windows 10
Do the following:

Reset the software distribution folder:
Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive. Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + X.

1. Press Windows Key + X on the keyboard and then select “Command Prompt (Admin)” from the menu.

2. Stop the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. To do this, type the following commands at a command prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

net stop wuauserv

net stop cryptSvc

net stop bits

net stop msiserver

3. Now rename the SoftwareDistribution and Catroot2 folder. You can do this by typing the following commands in the Command Prompt. Press the “ENTER” key after you type each command.

ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old

4. Now, let’s restart the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the Windows Update Services. Typethe following commands in the Command Prompt for this. Press the ENTER key after you type each command.

net start wuauserv

net start cryptSvc

net start bits

net start msiserver

5. Type Exit in the Command Prompt to close it and then restart the computer.

If you need more help, please continue to engage with us. We want to help you through this.
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the quick reply i followed all the steps but when i went to rename the catroot2 folder a message saying access was denied came up. Was just wondering if that was an important step or if it should be okay if that one was skipped

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It might not work if you skip. Does the problem persist that you were experiencing earlier?
Best,
Andre
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought the problem had stopped but it recently started happening again. Do you have any ideas on how to fix the problem I'm having with step 3. Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 9, 2024 Views 3,770 Applies to: