Power settings (sleep/hibernate) not working properly in Windows 10.

Original title: Power settings - ignored

My power settings continue to be ignored on this Lenovo Yoga 700 14inch machine.

This has gone on a very long time.

Why does this machine ignore the power settings.

The screen saver works for a while and goes on after 3 minutes as it should.

Then after a couple hours, it doesn't work and the machine goes into sleep mode after a minute or so.

Machine is set to turn off monitor after 5 minutes and go to sleep in 10 minutes. Why does this never work right?? I thought that there would be a Windows update for this.  How can it be allowed to go on this long???  I have tried all the troubleshooting and run the supposed solutions. Nothing has fixed this.  Does anyone have a solution for this?

Bought machine in late 2015 and now we are at July 2016 and still doesnt follow the Power settings that i set.  It is crazy for this to still be an issue.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Microsoft, please ACTUALLY ADDRESS this issue and issue a fix for it.  It has been over two years since Windows 10 was released and this is still an ongoing problem for thousands of users.  None of your solutions work.  Nothing fixes it.  I'm now unable to access my home computer remotely for the second time in a day because the power settings are ALWAYS ignored on ANY PC running Windows 10, so the computer at home shuts down without permission.  It happens CONSTANTLY and nothing listed here helps.  PLEASE ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING besides sending a canned response.  Thanks.

RIght now my opinion of Windows 10 is majorly tainted, entirely because of this issue.  It would be great, but since this issue has been ongoing for years and still isn't being addressed, I kind of think it's garbage.  This seems like it must be a super simple problem (and obviously a result of a change from Windows 8 to 10, since it didn't occur in 8 or 7) for coders to fix.  

I am so f***ing sick of my server at home shutting down despite being set to "Never."

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My Thinkpad 11e (Yoga) goes to sleep but will not hibernate.

Have tried all the recommended fixes.

Given up.

Bad hibernate code in Windows 10.

I can manually request a hibernate and Windows will properly hibernate.

But it will not hibernate based on the sleep timers.

So, inconsistent hibernate code in Windows 10.

The aggravating thing is that hibernate worked until a few Windows updates ago.

Buggy code.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 5, 2020 Views 13,526 Applies to: