Possible "PC Solutions" scam?

Recieve an email fron PC Solutions stating a payment of $329.00 was recieved by auto renewal for my Firewall Security Plan. I have never dealt with this company and wondered if anyone had the same problem. I called to inquire and they could give me no info about my'account". But, they wanted me to use the "Teamviewer" app to cancel the account. That did not sound right. Supposedly it's the only was to cancel the transaction. HELP!
Answer
Answer
Hi, I am Van. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be glad to help you today.

It is a scam, as you have stated you don't have any history with that company. What I can suggest is just ignore them if they call you or block and mark their email spam on your mail app. Don't follow on whatever they told you to do. Because most likely they were trying to access your machine and hack it.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. I will be glad to help.

Best regards,
Van
Van S.

138 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Yes, it's a scam Do not use TeamViewer. It will let them take control of your and royally screw things up. There is no transaction to cancel. Just ignore their message.

In fact you should never let *anyone* take control of your computer, using TeamViewer or anything else, unless it's someone you know and trust impilcitly, both with regard to his honesty and technical skills.

164 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 19,407 Applies to: