Hopefully someone can help with this or at least give a clue. For a couple weeks now any windows that are part of the task bar just don't show. This includes action center, wifi sources, calendar when clicking on the date-time, volume mixer, and right clicking on open application icons.
Some things that DO work are:
- right clicking on volume, wifi, and action center a context menu shows up
- right clicking on taskbar
- clicking '^' to show running background apps
- hovering mouse over open apps to show mini-window
- start menu, search, task-view and show desktop
note: even though I can right click on action center and get a "Open action center" option, clicking on it does nothing.
I'm already going through some trouble shooting steps and will start uninstalling applications next.
Thanks for reading!
Edition Windows 10 Home
OS build 19041.388