Please login with administrator privileges and try again. Battlefield 1942

i bought battlefield 1942 today, but when I try to play Battlefield 1942 it comes up with the message saying "Please login with administrator privileges and try again." running as administrator does nothing, what can i do?

MS has introduced a new gimmick to  try and force people from playing games that are installed from

retail disks.

It's called DRM Blocking, and it is wreaking havoc among players of older games that used

what were once notorious forms of DRM (copy write protection) . MS is adding a new layer to that notoriety.

BF 1942 uses one of these forms of DRM.

The administrator error is just something Windows tosses out  because it does not know what else to say,

as the 'Security' update is so new.

It seems that MS has suddenly determined, that after certain forms of DRM have been on our machines for up to

ten years, that our machines will all suddenly catch a virus/malware unless they take it upon themselves to play

Big Brother dictator and block these games from running on your PC.

There are several methods  to get around this on Win7 -

1)  Uninstall two Windows 'Security Updates' - KB2919355 & 3086255 -  and stop using automatic Windows Updates

so you can block these updates (hiding them may work for now, but they may sneak back) from installing when

you do updates in future.

2) Leave the update and use noCD fixes/hacks for any game that gets blocked.

3) Use a command prompt to stop the blocking (in article below).

- Note that if you are using Win8/8.1  Monopoly$oft will go all draconian on you, and not allow future

Security Updates if  these security updates are not installed on this OS.

But you can use the command prompts, or noCD's.

MS15-097: Description of the security update for the graphics component in Windows: September 8, 2015

4) Do not 'upgrade' to Win10 unless you use noCD's. While I'm not positive, I believe that you cannot use

the command prompts to stop DRM blocking on Win10, but again noCD fixes will work.

- I would not be at all surprised if the real reason for DRM blocking is that  MS is getting a kickback from

the games download sites where they are selling re-released versions without the DRM.

If you bought from a retail outlet you should return the game and suggest the retailers yell loud and clearly

to the consumer and fair trade practices authorities in your country.

- Or, It could be less of a conspiracy to make more money and more one of trying to sway people to Win10

by stuffing up their Win7/8/8.1 OS's  with the same DRM blocking that has seen many people reject Win10.

Still a bad business model, that should see MS dragged over the coals.

There is an irony in all this. These DRM caused lots of problems for legitimate purchasers of these games back when they were first released, and now MS want's to kick them in the teeth with DRM blocking.

Meanwhile, the Pirates are still laughing....

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2024 Views 2,902 Applies to: