please login with administrator privileges and try again

Im trying to run an old computer game and its keeps having a window popping up saying "please login with administrator privileges and try again". I then search how to fix this problem and it suggests to run the command prompt and type in "sc config secdrv start= demand
sc start secdrv" but it keeps coming up saying "the driver has been blocked from loading" what can fix this problem?!?

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hi Ryan,

There's a possibility that you're were not able to log in as an Administrator that's why you're getting the said error message. For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're getting those error messages, answer the following questions:

• Which specific game are you trying to run?
  • Have you tried running the game as an Administrator?
  • Does the issue persist on all the games you have on your computer or does it only occur on the specific game that you're to run?

Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

DRM Blocking was added to Win7/8/8.1 with update  KB3086255, so with these three Windows versions you are able

to use commands to enable/disable MS's malware, or you can elect to uninstall the update.

- DRM Blocking was built into Win10 and because of this it can only be circumvented by using a noCD fix/hack

I have more details in my post at  --this thread--

- You didn't give the name of the game in question, but the site below has many noCD fixes.

Latest Game Fixes | MegaGames

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 28, 2023 Views 957 Applies to: