Photo App/Tile for Windows 10 Desktop similar to old Windows 7 Photos Gadget?

Is there a tile or app I can place on my Windows 10 Desktop that would always display a photos slide show like the old Photos Gadget did in Windows 7? I found something that would change the whole desktop background with photos, but I just want something small like I had with the Photos Gadget/Widget I had with Windows 7.  The old gadget used to let me view a particular photo that was displaying at the time and open it in my favorite photo editor if I wanted to as well.

I know there is a tile in the startup menu that seems to do this, but I can't seem to pin it to the desktop.

I know there are others out there who are interested in this as well, but I haven't been able to find a solution using Bing or Google.

Thanks!

Hi John,

You may search for a third party program using your favorite search engine which could help you with the issue.

Note:  Using Third Party Software or Link, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software or Link can be solved. Using Third Party Software or Link is at your own risk.

If you have any further issues on the computer, please post your question related to Windows and we will be happy to help you.

Rohit S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Use a search engine for the answer? That's exactly what I did for hours before I came here. How much information do you think is out there for Windows 10 right now? Not much. If you don't know the answer just say "I don't know" instead of telling me to ask someone else.

This question was precisely about Windows 10. I'm not looking for third party software. I wanted to know if I could use a tile, photo tile in the start menu, and pin it to the desktop, or if Windows 10 had something that replaced the functionality of gadgets.

I apologize if I seem a bit peeved, but you decided to be condescending without actually reading my question.

Thanks...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just upgraded to 10 and have the same question.

In 8.1 there was an option to display tiles of random photos in the Pictures folder as a screen saver.

Is this available for 10?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 7, 2023 Views 172 Applies to: