Permissions error in Nikon View NX-i

Hi,

I have recently downloaded Nikon's View NX-i programme and have been trying to use it to convert RAW image files to Jpegs. However, every time I have tried to do this the programme generates an error message which states that it cannot access the file/folder and to make sure that:

- it is not write protected

- I have access priviliges

- the file is not currently in use.

I know the files are not write protectes, I assume I have access priviliges as I am the administrator for the computer (and have deliberately run the programme as administrator) and I know that the file is not in use by another programme.

Can anyone give me any ideas on how to fix this??

Question Info

Last updated November 2, 2019 Views 224 Applies to:

Hi Benjamin, 

We appreciate you posting your concern here in the Community forum. Normally, opening and editing files are allowed specially you are logged in as a Administrator. Since you are getting these errors, you may try the troubleshooting steps provided below: 

• Access the file or folder whose user permission you want to modify.
  • Right-click on it and choose Properties.
  • Click the Security tab. You will see the names of the users or groups along with their list of permissions.
  • Click the Edit button.
  • Another window will open. Under the Group or user names option, choose the account for which you want to carry out the changes. Under Permissions for Authenticated Users option, you will find a list of permissions along with two boxes, Allow and Deny. Give permissions for each functions by putting a check on Allow.
  • Once you're done, click on Apply and click on OK.

Here is the guide for permissions:

• Full Control - Users have full access to the files and folders. Open and read files.
  • Modify - Modifications to present files and folders is possible. Creating new ones is not allowed.
  • Read & execute - Users can see the subject and run programs of the available files and folders.
  • Read - Users can see the files, as well as folders but the execution is not possible.
  • Write - Users can create a new file as well as modify.

Changes will immediately take effect. If a particular file or folder finds shows unauthorized access, it will ask for the administrative credentials.

Let us know the result by replying to this thread. 

Regards. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried to do this and have made sure that full control has been ticked both for the administrator and my user details. 

Sadly this has not resolved the problem. 

I am able to access and alter the files directly bu going in to the folder. However, the View NX-i programme cannot save new files or delete existing files... 

It seems like the programme itself does not have permission to do anything?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the update on your concern. It will be best to get in touch with the developer of your NX-i programme. This is to ensure that full technical support will be extended to you and the most accurate troubleshooting steps will be provided in order to resolve your current issue. 

Feel free to post should you have other concerns. 

Regards. 

Sorry this didn't help.