Pending Actions are not showing in the Action Center

Hello team,

I used to see a lot of pending actions (e.g. soft delete) under the 'Action Center' in Security portal.

But since last few months, I am unable to see any pending actions there and it says 'No Items Found'
Automated Investigation (AIR) is already turned on.
I have changed no settings which could cause this issue.
How to see the pending actions again in the action center?

Mover from Microsoft 365 and Office / Subscription, account, billing / For home / Other

Hello Power_2020,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

From your description, it seems that the "Action Center" in the lower right corner of the desktop has disappeared, right?

I have several suggestions for you to try:

The simplest suggestion is to try updating your system (if you do receive new updates).

If this does not work, try fixing it with the command prompt code:

1. Search for "Command Prompt" in the taskbar and run it as an administrator.

2. Type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

3. Wait for the command to complete, restart your device, and confirm that the Action Center is now back to normal.

If the fix command has no effect either, I recommend that you temporarily disable the Action Center by changing the registry and then enable it again.

1.Search for Registry Editor in the taskbar and open it. Find the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer

2.Next, you’re going to create a new value inside the Explorer key. Right-click the Explorer folder icon and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name the new value “DisableNotificationCenter.”

3.Now, you’re going to modify that value. Double-click the new DisableNotificationCenter value and set the value to 0 in the “Value data” box. Click OK, exit Registry Editor, and restart your computer.

4.Reopen the registry editor and locate this path, changing "Value data" to 1, then click OK, exit Registry Editor, and restart your computer. Please check whether the Action cneter is normal.

Disclaimer: Generally, modifying registry subkeys or work group is intended for advanced users, administrators, and IT Professionals. It can help fix some problems, however, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For further protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click here to view the article.

If anything is unclear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Mitchell,

Thanks a lot for your response, but I am talking about the https://security.microsoft.com portal.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Power_2020,

Thank you for your additional clarification on this issue.

If the issue relates to the Microsoft 365 Defender portal, it is more suitable for publishing on Microsoft Learn. Here is a link to the forum, you can click on "Ask a question", there are experts who can provide more professional solutions in that place.

I won't be able to help you, but I'll leave that question open in case one of our amazing volunteers has ideas for you.

Best regards,

Mitchell - | Microsoft community support expert from MSFT

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 16, 2024 Views 278 Applies to: