Peculiar finding in CCleaner.

CCleaner finds the following entry checking my registry. I copied it to a text file:

Open with Application Issue "C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\Win7UI.exe" %1 %2 HKCR\FunctionDiscoveryItemBluetooth\shell\Operation

I cannot find an entry in C:\ at all but in the registry I find the entry. In CCleaner, I have this issue fixed, but after each cold or warm start it turns up again. Deleting the registry part directly does not help either. It turns up gain. I queried the file winui7.exe in Google without any result.

Does anyone have an idea what these entries are, where they come from, and how can the return after each start, cold or warm?

Hi NVFOX

Rest assured you have no need to worry about that file, Win7UI.exe is a safe file, it is the Atheros Bluetooth System Tray icon and settings App . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. However, I would like to know where the file is located. CCleaner says it is in ... see above... BUT I cannot find it there. Can you tell where it is? If this file exists, why then is it not been found  when queried in Chrome or Edge? Sorry, for my questions, but I try to get the base of things. 

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi NVFOX, this is no problem, I like people who need to know more, that is how we all learn . . .

What CCLeaner is probably pointing out is the registry entry points to a file that does not exist when it is cleaning the registry and wants to remove that entry

Searching for this type of thing depends on the search term used:
https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+Win7UI....

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the information. I have a bluetooth device installed, and an Atheros on the PC. So, I think a "removal" is not the way to go. 

However, I find it peculiar that CCleaner finds in C:\.... Either it is hidden in C:\ or? I have to exclude this in CCleaner.  Also, even deleting the registry entry, will bring the entry back after a cold or warm start. So, I think it is somewhere hardcoded. Anyways, I don't have to worry about it, as far as I can see.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi NVFOX

Correct, this is nothing to worry about, even if there is an extra entry in your Registry, it makes no difference.

Power to the Developer!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 8, 2021 Views 1,063 Applies to: