Pci lock Computer doesn't boot

Currently I was messing with my msconfig and stubled accross pci lock I toggled it on and restarted my pc, now it my computer won't start up is there a possibility that I could toggle it through cmd because I can get that to open through troubleshooting. Or any other way to revert this I don't want to start a system recovery because it'll delete my information.
Currently I was messing with my msconfig and stubled accross pci lock I toggled it on and restarted my pc, now it my computer won't start up is there a possibility that I could toggle it through cmd because I can get that to open through troubleshooting. Or any other way to revert this I don't want to start a system recovery because it'll delete my information.

Hi

You did not mention which version of Windows you are using?

Assuming Windows 7, if you can start the command prompt in the recovery environment, just type  msconfig  and press Enter.

This should display the System Configuration UI and you can revert the change to PCI Lock.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your help I ended up fixing it the problem myself all I did was refresh settings in windows recovery in windows 8, thank you. :-)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Create a bootable USB Drive of windows 8.1 and boot using it. Then choose your language and click Repair computer. Then go to Troubleshoot option and then choose Advanced after that choose CMD.

Now the system configuration can be reset using bootrec.exe

Rebuilding the BCD will fix the problem but before doing this you need to create a backup of BCD. To create the backup --

Type ---

c:

cd boot

bcdedit /export C:\BCD_Backup

-------------------------------------------After doing this-----------------------------------------------------

Type--

attrib bcd -s -h -r

ren c:\boot\bcd bcd.old

bootrec /rebuildbcd

Now close cmd and boot your pc again hope it solved the problem.

Shashank chaurasia

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 5,828 Applies to: