PC suddenly got very slow overnight

Basically I turned my PC on and the boot time suddenly got significantly slower. Not only that but opening programs on it takes a while too. And of course it interferes with gaming performance giving it more stutters and that is not ideal at all lol. It happened the day after I shutdown my PC using the timed shutdown command on cmd (shutdown -s -t) .

Boot times take about a minute and a half now which normally takes less than 20 secs before. Same with shutdown speed which is significantly slower as well.

Here's the list of things I've done to try to fix it:

• System file checker (sfc /scannow) combined with dism restorehealth a bunch of times. It DID temporarily fix the problem for a while because it did find corrupted files but quickly got slow again after a few minutes.

• Completely reset the PC (deleted all personal files and restored through cloud download). Did not seem to fix the problem. Note that I ran sfc and dism command above before and after resetting and it found corrupted files both times.

• Opened another profile to check it it's corrupted at all.

• Tried the SATA driver bug (as seen here https://youtu.be/e3kYlLbk20I?t=460

).

• Ran mdsched to see if RAM is the problem.

• Did the "In place repair upgrade" (as seen here https://youtu.be/yidWdy-Xwdk?t=412

).

• Performed a clean boot of Windows.

• Windows startup repair.

• Did the usual things (updated the graphics driver, updated windows, malware scan.)

I pretty much open Task Manager all the time now and it constantly hit 100% disk usage everytime I startup the PC which it never did before. And the things that hit 100% disk usage everytime it slows down is consistenly the program that is opening/running and "System". Whenever I download a game through Steam or Epic the

install seems to slowdown not because of my internet slowing down but because the write speed throttles down considerably. Keep in mind I do use a SATA SSD.

I am running out of options and really have no clue what to do. Need help at least to rule out software problems in anyway before considering it be a hardware problem.

Answer
Answer
SSD is a semiconductor electronic device, so it may decrease its parameters quickly and unexpectedly unfortunately.

Maybe it can be used as data storage, but it is not good for the system now.
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Sorry for the bad news, but you have problems with your SSD. :(
------------------
if you'll find someone's post helpful, mark it as an answer and rate it please. This will help other users to find answers to their similar questions.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 5,315 Applies to: