Parsons Family Origins compatibility problems

I have windows 7 which is incompatible with Parsons Family Origins.  Is there a fix or patch that can help run the program?

Original title: Programs Compatibility Application Applications App Apps Game Games Legacy Crash Crashes Hang Hangs

Have you tried compatibility mode? or installing the program and running it in compatibility mode? http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/316-compatibility-mode.html You may beed to play around with a few settings like 'run as XP' ( if the program ran under XP ) 'run as administrator' etc. This mode can sometimes assist in getting older programs to run.

If the program ran in XP then you may get it running in XP Mode IF you have a qualifying version of Windows 7, or it may run in a free virtual machine like virtual box, if you have a free spare copy of XP ( if it ran in XP ) and the associated license. Install, virtual box on your W7, install XP into that and run your program there.

Via a google I found this - http://genforum.genealogy.com/fo/messages/5270.html which I'm not sure if its the same program as you have or not. But if it is the same, it may be worth a read.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have windows 7 which is incompatible with Parsons Family Origins.  Is there a fix or patch that can help run the program?

Hi

In addition, any compatibility updates will come directly from the developer of that software.

Contact support for the program.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 25, 2019 Views 346 Applies to: