Pardon our Interruption Screen ....led to a frozen screen then a blue screen and a full restore.

Microsoft, this seems like YOU. my message said " Pardon our Interruption" but you are using an out dated program that is no longer supported by anti virus or malware removal updates and that I had missed my opportunity for the free Windows 10 upgrade and would i like to look at purchasing a new PC form the Microsoft Store with all the links included. I have been using computers for 25 years and can write code in 7 different languages going back to Edlin, DOS, Cobal, Fortran, Dbase, Pascal and UNIX. I am hard to fool (at least I think I am).

All it took was one click on the link to go to the Microsoft Store to see if this was an attempt to really scare me into buying a new Windows !0 machine and the next thing you know...the dreaded blue screen. Could not access my HDD at all to get to refresh or recover or restore. It kept cutting the machine off as soon as I got it turned on and to the Acer screen.

I had to pull out the recovery media and it took the whole day to get my PC  back in working order.

I hope I hear from someone at Microsoft on this. Community....BEWARE of that screen and message.

Curt Creelman   Usually a Microsoft Lover

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2022 Views 934 Applies to: