Overheating Issues While Gaming with Windows 10

Hello

Just updated to Windows 10.  Played a lot of Diablo and League of Legends on my laptop prior to the update without any issues. Since the update my Graphics card and CPU seem to be working on overdrive to cool down my laptop. Reaching temperatures of 90 degrees while playing Diablo.  Any tips or recommendations on why this is happening or how to keep it down?

Thanks

Hi Tyson,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10 and sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

This issue might be caused due to outdated drivers or chipset.

You may try to visit the computer manufacturer website and update the list below:

• BIOS.
  • Chipset drivers
  • Optional updates.
  • Graphics card drivers.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinz

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am getting the same problem overheating after upgrade. It only happends when playing games and seems to be running them at high speeds. Getting really high FPS but its pumping out a lot of heat. any other ideas>?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The overeating issue may have been caused by a background application called "Runtime Broker". End the process in the task manager. Hope it makes a difference because it worked for me.

Sahil

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 1, 2023 Views 2,458 Applies to: