Overall Volume Fine, Voices Low.

So this started a little while ago. I only have the one set of headphones, so be it a system-issue or the HP's, I don't know.

Week or so ago, I was in a Discord call w/ friends playing a game. I had dropped my headphones (A Turtlebeach Ear Force Recon 50X) at one point, but it'd happened before, so I wasn't worried.

Fast-forward a day, and when I get into the game, the Music, SFX, and all that is fine, but voices are low or non-existent. This doesn't just apply to calls, this goes for Music as well, like Spotify. 

I looked up the issue prior, so I know it's not an issue regarding my volume's sound mixer, or overall Sound settings (that I can see).

I'm going to continue looking for solutions, but I'm not that knowledgeable of what I'll be doing or how to do it. Anyone have an idea as to what's wrong, and how to remedy it?

Hi ,
I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Please try these steps and check after each step. If these don't work, let me know. I will provide further troubleshooting steps.

1. Run Audio / Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter
Windows Key+I > Update & security > Troubleshoot >
A. Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter
B. Hardware & Devices > Run the troubleshooter

2. Take actions related to Audio Driver
Windows Key+X > Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Sound, Video & game controllers > Right Click on the entry below (if more than one, then you will have to repeat the steps for all) > Properties > Driver Tab >

A. Roll Back - If Roll back driver is enabled, roll it back

B. Update - Update driver

C. Download and reinstall the driver from computer manufacturer's website - If you face issue, let me know your computer make and model?

3. Check Speaker / headphone is not disabled and is set as default

Type Sound in Windows Start Seach box > Click Sound > Under Playback tab, right click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled devices > Select Speaker and click on Properties and make sure that it is is enabled > You may also check if the Speaker that you are using is set as default.
Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Source - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402699...
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

From what I can tell, none of these have worked.

Something seems to have upped the volume some, but the vocal output of songs and calls is still significantly lower than compared to my phone (Edit: With it's company's brand of headphones) on a similar level of volume output.

Edit: Checking now with the same Headphones I used for my PC plugged into my phone, it seems to have the same problem but even worse. Does this mean it's the Headphones themselves?

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

What is your audio driver?
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Realtek High Definition Audio.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi James

This generally happens when the audio channels are set incorrectly

If it is incorrectly set to 5.1, 7.1 or stereo, the channel with the voice can be lost, while you will still hear other game sounds or music, but not the singer or other voice sounds

On all your audio settings, in Windows and any audio panel(s) you have, look for the output and change that to a different setting to see if the voice channel returns . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2024 Views 9,602 Applies to: