Outlook Wont print but other programs such as FireFox and IE will.

I am attempting to print an email from outlook. To be Clear I am talking about the outlook mail program, I do not have office. I cant get it to work. I can print every other program with zero problems. I am running window 10 pro last patch is Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4493437). I used to be able to but for some reason it won't work any more.
|
Hi Lord

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

I noticed you are on Windows 10 1803, could you try upgrading to the newer Windows 10 1809 to see if it resolves this issue?

First, try upgrading using the Windows Update Assistant:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-downlo...

If that does not work, upgrade offline using the ISO file, it is more reliable.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Please be advised some users are reporting issues with the Windows 10 1809 update. Make sure you backup before attempting to upgrade:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

What is the make and model of your computer?

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?
Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 1809
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

perform the following tasks:
12 Things You Should Do Before Installing Windows 10
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/prepare-comput...

Other things you can try...

Open Start, type: powershell
Right click powershell
Click Run as administrator

Type in at the prompt OR Copy and Paste these one at a time : (Hit enter after each)

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps | Remove-AppxPackage

Get Mail and Calendar - Microsoft Store
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/mail-an...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Please be explicit in describing what ":won't work" means. Does it mean there is no Print option? does it mean there is a Print option but nothing happens when you select it? Does it mean that you can select the Print option, the print dialog opens, you can send the job to the printer, but nothing comes out? Each of these has different causes. You should be complete when describing the issue.
Brian

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your quick response. Ill try to give as much info as I can. With the email in outlook open I select the 3 white dots at the top of the page. then a menu opens with 9 options. Mark as unread, move, mark as junk, previous, next, find, save as, print, zoom. I select Print. A window opens and it has 3 drop downs on the left hand side labeled printer, pages, paper size. on the right hand side there is a preview of the email I am trying to print. Back to the left side under printer, my print and model number are selected " MFG-J985DW" ( and yes this is A. The Correct printer B. The same printer that show up while printing from other programs. ) Under pages, All pages are selected. And (Just to be complete) under paper size 8.50" x 11.00" are selected. I press the print button the window disappears.

Now is usually the time where my printer starts to print, but it does not. Down in my system tray I do see a small printer icon for about 3 seconds. If I mouse over it it states 0 jobs (or something to that effect). then the icon disappears.

Now in contrast I am able to print from Fire fox, Foxit reader, Text doc, IE, ....ect ect..

I hope I was able to provide the needed detail. I look forward to hearing any advice you may have.

Again thanks.

p.s. This is about the Fourth posting I have ever made, anywhere, (this question counting as 1) so I hope I'm doing this right.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

As soon as I get to work I will try to do everything on this list.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have a question in regarding windows updates. I am not trying to be difficult. I am very thankful you took the time to respond to me. I am confused as to why when I go to windows up date it says I have the latest version, why would I or any anyone would have to jump through all of those hoops. I somewhat understand that you are saying there is a newer update then what I currently have. The part where you say and I quote "Please be advised some users are reporting issues with the Windows 10 1809 update. Make sure you backup before attempting to upgrade:" makes me very nervous. Especially after hearing about the recent windows update that erased file from users computer.

OK let me ask the question (sorry it took so long for me to get to this point in the post) How does the patch affect the ability of windows outlook to print?

I am going to try to do as you suggest and get the lasted patch/update following your instructions because I would like to be able to print an email when I need to.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me out. I do not want to sound ungrateful, I truly am. As you may have read above this is the fourth time I have ever posted to a forum like this.

To answer the questions you have asked

What is the make and model of your computer?

GT80S TITAN SLI-072. its a laptop

Have you checked the manufacturers website to determine compatibility?

Is this about be compatible with outlook, windows 10 pro, the windows update 10 1809?

Could you be more specific? Also where/how would I check on MSI website for any of the possible above?

this is the webpage for my laptop

https://us.msi.com/Laptop/support/GT80-Titan-GTX-980M.html

I hope this helps. I am willing to provide any more answers if needed.

Thanks

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright so things just got a little weirder. right after my last post here I thought to myself do other emails from outlook print? to I created a test email, sent it to my self then tried to print it. It printed no problem. I then tried another it work. The email that will not print and when I say will not print I mean the print shows no activity at all, no lights no sound nothing. It is as if i have not hit the print button at all. The email in question is a RMA from newegg. I am able to print other emails from newegg, just not this particular one. I am not sure what to do with this new information.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess there is no follow through. Thanks guys. :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The email in question is a RMA from newegg.

Maybe this EMail contains some illegal character. Would you be prepared to forward it to me?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I believe I can do that should I just post it here or send it to you another way? BTW sorry for the delay in responding life has been hectic.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I believe I can do that should I just post it here or send it to you another way? BTW sorry for the delay in responding life has been hectic.

Please write again when you're ready to continue with this thread.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 1, 2019 Views 99 Applies to: