Original Windows 8 to Windows 10 now, want to do permanent activation

My DELL laptop originally came with a legit version: Win 8 RTM Core OEM:DM

Now its been upgraded to Windows 10.  But the volume activation will expire 5/6/2020.

Before this also, the license expire and I have to activate it using the method found online.

Will I be able to get permanent windows 10?

and

How do I permanently get free windows 10?

Thanks,

Hi,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Windows 10 activation.

Since you mentioned that you activated Windows 10 using a method found online and it is now using a volume license, it means that you activated your Windows 10 incorrectly and illegally using a KMS activator. Volume licenses are meant only for an organization or company and are not meant for home use. You have the option to go back to the original operating system and upgrade again to Windows 10 using the correct way or you may purchase a retail Windows 10 license directly from Microsoft.

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
Wilfred P.
Independent Advisor

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Any guide How to Install Windows 8  and  how  to correctly upgrade to Windows 10. 

Where can I download windows 8 original,  or can I use windows 8.1 ?

Please guide.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Actually, since you upgraded from Windows 8/8.1 to Windows 10, it means that you have a digital entitlement. If you didn't change any major component of your computer, you may reinstall Windows 10 Home and it will activate automatically through the digital entitlement or license. If you need further assistance with activation, you may refer to this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am currently using windows 10 pro. I can't really remember how I got windows 10,  but what I believe is,  I upgraded windows 8 to windows 8.1.  Then I might get a torrent version of windows 10 pro.  I do clean format and install windows 10 then.  

But I don't have Microsoft account linked to my digital certificate,  yes,  I don't have right ?

It's all seem new to me , and I don't understand what is this digital certificate all about.

So what can I do now?  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If that was the way that you upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 pro then that is indeed incorrect and illegal and therefore won't have any digital entitlement for Windows 10. With that, you would need to purchase your own genuine license for Windows 10 Pro that you can use to install and activate Windows. Even if you clean install Windows 10 now, you won't be able to activate it without any digital entitlement that is tied up to your Microsoft account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2020 Views 153 Applies to: