Online PC Care a scam

What information could "online pc care" a India cold call extract from my computer? They said they were Microsoft, I allowed them remotely into my computer, to fix a so called problem. I did not allow them to finish and disconncted when i contacted MSN to varify this procedure. I am recieving numerous threat calls from this  person from India.
Answer
Answer

Definitely - No-one withouth physical access to your computer can legally know whether your computer is infected or not, and if anyone claims to, they are trying to scare you into paying possibly large sums of money for doing what you can do for yourself, for free.

Noel Paton
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi -
No, I don't work for Microsoft!
http://www.crashfixpc.co.uk

93 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
"GMRC" wrote in message news:59bef354-16b3-4bbe-98ad-75b94bbe7d84...
What information could "online pc care" a India cold call extract from my computer? They said they were Microsoft, I allowed them remotely into my computer, to fix a so called problem. I did not allow them to finish and disconncted when i contacted MSN to varify this procedure. I am recieving numerous threat calls from this  person from India.

As you've realised - it was a scam!.
You now need to notify your bank, and anyone who you've had dealings with over the internet, shut down your PC, and do a reformat.reinstall - there is no telling what the scammer has installed on your PC without your knowledge.
If there's one thing certain in life, it's that MS doesn't have time to cold-call people. They spend too much time trying to catch pirates for that!

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC
Noel Paton
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi -
No, I don't work for Microsoft!
http://www.crashfixpc.co.uk

97 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2023 Views 101,596 Applies to: