OneDrive error code 0x8004de40

Hello,

From many reasons I have created 2nd Microsoft account, which I would like to use in the future. Both accounts are used as 2 different profiles on 1 PC. With original account I do not have troubles to connect to One Drive, but when I would like to use OneDrive login via new account I am getting error code 0x8004de40. I have tried to solve the issue using all mentioned advices related to this error code, but with no success.  

Thanks fo any help.

Hi Arnypo,

My name is Marc, thanks for participating in the Microsoft Community, I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

This error is related to network connection problems, consult and apply the indications that Microsoft offers through this link that addresses this problem.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-d...

Let me know if you have something else that I can help you with, I'd be happy to help.

Have a nice day
Regards,
Marc M.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I ran into this issue today, and of course, found out that the error description is BS (connectivity is fine). In my case, this happened after a user UPN was changed. Anyway, what I did was this:

1) Go into Office 2016 (any app), Account, Sign out, then sign back in.

2) Close OneDrive, open it, try to log in. I got the error, but after 5 or 6 "Try again", it finally let me through.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You don't need to create two user accounts on your PC.  I assume that's what you did. 

Instead you can share the files of the second account to your main account.  Then sign into your main account and add those shared files to your main OneDrive.  Then you can work with the files of both accounts from your main account as if they were one account.  You can have all the files available locally if you wish.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear all,

thanks a lot for your replies and advices. The error is solved. After another checks of my firewall definitions I have discovered block of OneDrive. 
Thanks to all.

Best regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2021 Views 597 Applies to: