On some websites (not all) the arrows and keyboard shortcut to make a video full screen do not work.

I will look up a topic and find videos on certain websites, and I click the arrows that go inward and outward to enter and exit full screen. They move like the click registered but nothing happens, and I cannot get the video to enter full screen mode. Keybard shortcuts do not work as well. Please help.

System info -

Windows 11

Intel i9-13900k

ROG Maxiumus Z790 Hero

MSI Suprim 4090

32gb 7200mhz G.Skill Ram

Solutions - I always keep my bios / drivers up to date. I performed an sfc scan. I tried setting google chrome to default settings.

In the picture below you can see that I have hit the arrows in the bottom right to enter full screen mode. According to them I am in it, but as you can also see by the white border it is not in full screen mode. I just made a snippit of the video player to show the white border and the arrows, the size of the white border is not proportionate to the rest of my monitor.

|

Hello,

Does every browser behave like this? Not exactly sure why this might be happening but you can try a browser you never used before and has no personalized settings whatsoever and see if it does the same.

You could try to disable extension and adblock if there's any. Also log out from current browser and restore it defaults and see if it's still the same.

Any chance it could be due to the monitor you're using? What resolution does it have?

Regards,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2024 Views 6 Applies to: