Old windows still there in another boot mode?

few days ago I had reinstalled windows on my PC from 32 bit to 64 bit but after that had to reset it cuz of start up issue.

But yesterday when I went to my bios( coz my cmos battery is damaged I had to put date and time and select "others" as my boot mode. There was another one bootmode called "windows 10 64-bit" that doesn't used to work but I remember I had installed my new windows in windows 10 64-bit mode and had to format my drives.. so yesterday when I went into my bios and selected "others" with uefi I went to repair mode and had startup error and when booting in from legacy I had the message "select or insert a bootable media and press a key" it was something like that. But after the installation I didn't had to go to my bios to select boot mode because it was alr selected to "windows 10 64-bit" mode. So the windows in my others is my old windows? Because If I reset it from repair mode to fix startup error will it be my old windows? Also will my data be in there, cuz I had formatted my drive while re-installing coz its a necessary step. So is it my old windows cuz I rlly rlly want it back. Booting from legacy says to put a bootable media and uefi takes me to repair screen as if there is windows there.

My 64bit windows is in other mode so yh if it is my old windows I'll reset from there and will I get my data too? And also if u have 2 windows in a PC and u format a drive from one windows does the storage of the other windows wipe out too.

Regards.

|
Answer
Answer
Hi SamKkk

Just checking, are you unable to boot into Windows 10?

If so, revert all settings you have made in BIOS by selecting the option to restore defaults in BIOS, save those settings and restart your PC.

If you still cannot boot into Windows 10, what exactly is the sequence you see when you start your PC?

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2021 Views 13 Applies to: