Occasional MDM errors since latest update

I downloaded the latest big update today and everything went fine. However, a few hours later, I checked my event viewer and saw a new type of error had appeared.

I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I'm unfortunately paranoid about any error that I don't recognize. Has anyone else been getting an error like this since the update?

Answer
Answer

I downloaded the latest big update today and everything went fine. However, a few hours later, I checked my event viewer and saw a new type of error had appeared.

I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I'm unfortunately paranoid about any error that I don't recognize. Has anyone else been getting an error like this since the update?

Hello my name is Don. This seems to be a known error that other users including myself are having. Please see this discussion

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/1068073/event-2545-34microsoft-windows-devicemanagement-en-1.html  and also

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-2545-microsoft-windows-devicemanagement/a7e0f8e9-685f-44d8-be69-58fd1f8a716e . This Error seems to be pretty benign and does not even post a red flag in the "Reliability History" or in either the "Application" or "System" events but it does post in "Microsoft-Windows-DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider/Admin" event log in under "Applications and Service Logs" > "Microsoft" > "Windows" > "DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider". From what I have been told this has something to do with Domain which I and others are not part of. This is a bug created by Microsoft and must be remedied by Microsoft and I would suggest filing a bug report about this in the Feedback Hub. The more bug reports that are filed the quicker it will be resolved but you know MS I would not hold your breath. I would not start jumping through hoops or chasing rabbits down holes for people trying to help you fix this as you could cause other problems and so far it seems to be harmless as like I said only MS can fix it. This should not be causing any problems with your computer as I have not seen any problems with mine. Just try to bear with it and ignore it.

Respectfully

Don

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 9, 2023 Views 2,430 Applies to: