O365 login prompt has wrong account details (user name)

Hey,

I have new issue after jan/feb updates for Win 10 and Outlook 365. I have tried solving this on my own from computer properties and management panel, but had no luck. My user account should be my email address (jari.simonen@gps-rep*******) for login into Outlook 365, but the login prompt for some reason has mixed it and adds MicrosoftAccount/jari.simonen@gps-rep********* as my default account. And I have to every time separately remove the part MicrosoftAccount/ part from the login prompt. Here is also a screen shot for you to see what I mean.

As outlook won't start before this is changed and it happens every time I start the program. So the Windows does not remember and distinguish my Exchange account from my Windows account...

What could be the reason for this and how can I fix it?

You should clear out your credentials stored

Type credential in Windows Start Search box (Cortana) > Click Credential Manager > Clear off all credentials under Windows Credentials > Generic > Now reboot your computer
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. That's exactly what I have been targeting.

Your info did not unfortunately solve my problem, but more googling did.

Found a blog and with this command it seem I was able to remove the faulty stored credentials: rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr. (from here:http://www.thewindowsclub.com/stored-user-names-and-passwords-windows)

At least it is working after the first reboot and outlook login.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 14, 2023 Views 1,527 Applies to: